Sunday, January 08, 2006

Dinner

Salmon steaks with cajun seasonings
Broccoli rabe with garlic
Escargots (5)

Endnote: The escargots were actually LAND snails, not sea snails as I had thought. In lieu of the briney topnote I thought they'd have, they had an odd taste, like what garden soil must taste like on a rainy day, braced with butter, garlic and herbs.

So for those keeping track, SNAILS are on my short list of things I do not prefer to eat:

Lima beans
Kerala
Liver, kidneys, sweetbreads, or tripe
Snails

1 comment:

Imez said...

First, if you're going to ignore your diet, do it with great flair. Huzzah.

Also, I had that same sad encounter with escargot. It was on my life list, to try it, and I did, and I $100 a plate place in Vegas. It was snails.

You think a dish with that much controvery and snob appeal what have a little more punch.