Currently at (almost beyond) the halfway point in documenting whatever "progress" on my "diet" in order to submit to get insurance to approve my weight loss surgery. Go for my fourth weigh in on Saturday. Two more to go after that. Brings me to August. Then submit for approval. Then after that, I suppose, there'll be a flurry of appointments with a cardiologist, a blood doctor, a pulmonologist, and who knows who else.
Received two jugs of Nectar brand protein powders and a bottle of liquid extra strength Tylenol in the mail yesterday. Starting to "nest" and prepare for what I hope to be the logical conclusion of all this planning. Buying things piecemeal so I won't get hit with sticker shock if I were to buy all my supplies all in one shot. Flavors purchased: (1) Fuzzy Navel; (1) Ice Tea (which I plan on mixing WITH brewed, ice tea (don't lecture me about caffeine; I'm not willing to endure the unpleasantness of the surgery and post-op in an un-caffeinated state.)
Still waiting for my Torrone "Marshmallow" flavored syrup, and B12 spray to arrive. Can't wait to try them.
Next on my list: propolis, calcium, and liquid vitamin supplements and an ice cream maker. I'm envisioning a lot of green tea flavored or mint chocolate flavored high protein "ice cream" post op.
I'm not optimistic. I'm a hybrid: stoic, fatalist, pragmatist. I don't like that this at all. But know I have no other choice. It's this and hope to reverse my health, adding a couple more GOOD QUALITY years to my life; or do nothing, and continue on the slippery slope to spending my "golden years" house bound, miserable, and with considerable health issues, not unlike my mother.
Went to lab yesterday for bloodwork. Not too many tubes this time. ONLY ten. Go on Monday to drop off my 24 hour "collection" jug. Gah.
Next appt w/the ReproEndoGuy: 7/15.
No comments:
Post a Comment