Pulmonologist called me yesterday to let me know my TB and CBC came back negative and normal, respectively. So I think we're waiting on one more blood test to find out, conclusively, if the granuloma is going to prevent my surgical procedures which are fast approaching.
Apparently in 2008 when I had my sleep study done, there was a chest xray done, so the pulmonologist compared the xray from a few weeks ago to the 2008, and the granuloma was there, and unchanged. Which leads me to believe that the granuloma is from the time I helped clean out dad's back room, and inhaled bird dander and microscopic amounts of bird feces that got kicked up in the cleaning frenzy, and NOT something I inhaled while in India a few years ago. So, at least that's a good thing. And I'm not suffering any breathing issues as a result of it, and my body has done a fine job of identifying something "foreign" and encapsulating it in a shield of calcification. So whatever I did manage to inhale, it's somewhat neutralized.
I called the pulmonologist's office and got the same shit head who set up the appt w/an internist and not a pulmonologist for the pre-surgery clearance, so I'm wondering if my doctor ever got the fax number for my surgeon, to pass along whatever reports, etc. As much as it chaps my ass, I doubt the person answering that phone has the intelligence necessary to pass along a phone message, so I'll be reduced to calling AGAIN, asking to talk to the doctor and confirm with the doctor that the message was received and/or if the reports have been forwarded.
Time is a-wastin', and I don't have time and luxury to let slackers fuck with my surgery.
No comments:
Post a Comment