Sunday, March 02, 2014

So About That Weaning...

Well, I made it through Friday all day without a dose, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought I should really try to lower the dose, stay on that until the neuro is back from vacation. He comes back on the 10th and my next appt with him is on the 25th, so I think I can tough it out in the meantime.

So I open the capsule and dump out an approximation of half the pellets. No. I don't count the pellets. It's imprecise, imperfect, but it's better than not taking any of the medication.

I seriously think that I'm suffering such strong side effects to the medication because my physiology has changed since my gastric bypass, and the Cymbalta formulation is a time release capsule. I'm just not managing well on it at all. The constipation issue was really a quality of life concern for me, uncomfortable, plus the epic ambivalence wasn't helping me do anything.  

Tomorrow I follow up with my kidney doctor, and later on in the afternoon I have an appointment with my therapist. Full day planned, assuming nothing gets cancelled due to snow.

No comments: