Wednesday, January 27, 2016

And In Other News

So about the pain issues I was dealing with, which cropped up at the end of the summer? Where we left off in THAT narrative, in a fit of agony and frustration, I changed physiatrists, and got an Rx for PT, which I started about a week or so before Thanksgiving 2015. 

I was going roughly for 2x a week from November until last week, and the physical therapist was incredible. He did myofascial release and other deep massage of the area near my herniation, which helped immensely, and I was on an exercise program to help strengthen up, related to the subacromial bursitis and the epicondylitis.  

My follow-up visit with the physiatrist is next Monday, and I hope to get an Rx for PT for the herniations in the low spine. The physical therapist was INCREDIBLE.

Up until the hypoglycemia drama, I was taking 1000 mg of evening primrose oil to help with prostaglandin health and inflammation, and I do believe it helped me immensely; however, before we figured out the nature of the hypoglycemia, I pitched my supplements out of fear I was contributing to the problem. I got the green light from my endocrinologist to resume taking the supplement, so that makes me happy.

Everyone needs a hobby, and I guess one of mine is figuring out how to maintain and manage THIS CONVEYANCE, my body I've been given, to get through this thing called life. It'd be easier if it came with an owner's manual like for a car. So instead of "10,000 mile maintenance check up," it'd be helpful to know that my fourth decade on Planet Earth would be so rife with shit I'd have to navigate. 

No comments: