Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Not That It Matters

And I doubt it heavily, whether anyone reads this blog, though I DO blog for my own self, purposes and record keeping...

I am becoming increasingly more depressed.

Between the ongoing pain issues that won't resolve themselves fully, and dealing with some family bullshit head on, and everything else I listed in my litany yesterday about how my August has been off-kilter, I'm depressed.

I ditched Facebook finally last month, and that has cut down/damn near eliminated my online socializing completely. So rather than feeling shitty about seeing friends interacting with other people and not responding to message I've sent them, I now am feeling shitty about the void, the abyss, the abject lack of give a fuck by people I considered friends.

I updated my contact list before ditching FB, and I am actually going to identify which people I remain in contact with, and adjust myself and my expectations accordingly.

Surely, I expect too much from people. This is the far better thing to think rather than to think that so many people were just superficial/casual acquaintances (with 1-2 shared common interests) rather than actual friends. 

This isn't a boo hoo attempt at attention whoring. I am physically and emotionally drained, so everything else gets analyzed and perhaps exaggerated a bit as a result. 

No comments: