In my final household re-org project before 12/31/25, I am purging out a lot of items that no longer serve me. I’m purging out a drawer of Rx meds I stopped taking & forgot about. Xanax, Wellbutrin, Viibryd, Trintellix, Eliquis. Pretty brutal evidence that the last 6 years have been for me.
The point of sharing this isn’t the fact I freed up some storage space, but to illustrate how difficult the past 6 years have been one challenge after another, & by purging out this medical clutter, hopefully is an indicator of better times are ahead for me.
Granted, I had to discontinue the Trintellix in May as it was possibly causing the pancreatitis I was experiencing.
Lots of changes for 2026. I am trying to tackle my physical clutter as well as my emotional clutter, and in both regards, it requires me to slow down and keep track of my thoughts, my plans & intentions, my negative inner narrative, and so forth. I am attempting to do with the my emotional stuff the same thing I am doing with physical stuff: “catch and release.” It is harder than you’d think.
Every day this past week, I stay awake until 2:00 a.m., consistently working organizing and purging the house of expired stuff, donations, trash, recycling. Big expenditures of focus and energy, which leaves me exhausted.
So far, I have managed to chip away at my household clutter every day for 12 days. Most experts say it takes 40 days to entrench a new habit. 28 more days to go! (Just now, I set a reminder for January 27, so I’ll remember to share my progress.

No comments:
Post a Comment