Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Kanten?

Kanten = Agar Agar, and apparently it has therapeutic effects for folks with poor metabolism or insulin resistance problems.

Going to plop this down here for my future reference at home.

I don't know if I am on to something or what; however, apparently it contains no carbohydrates.

Already I am envisioning using this as a tomato aspic w/some spicy jalapeno, green onion, crunchy cucumber and celery and some V8. Or an aspic of lapsang souchong, and some hardboiled "marbled" eggs (boiled, cracked, and simmered with some soy sauce in lapsang souchong tea, and left to soak, then cool). I don't know. Crazy talk, perhaps. But if this shit can help stave off my near constant hunger, I'll try just about anything.

Just got off phone w/local market that carries Kanten; $8.99 per 1 oz container of flakes.

Note to self:

2 gm->1Cup water
28 gm = 1 oz