Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hypothetical Post-Op Ass Wiping

Oh yeah. Today I stumbled upon the little nugget of information (from viewing several WLS journeys on YouTube) that the possibility exists that post-op, I might not be able to twist my torso (as a result of pain from the surgery) to wipe my own ass.

My husband and I have been arguing for the last hour over the possibility/hypothetical post-op ass wiping.

Yeah. Laughable, but my reality is isn't. He's it for a support system. And I don't want to run the risk that the nursing staff could care less.

Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

1 comment:

Shebear29 said...

The nursing staff at the hospital teaches you how to reach around to wipe before you are discharged. At least mine offered to. Pain is a relative thing at any rate. I had NONE the entire time. The strongest med I took was extra strength tylenol. You will do fine. Besides, right after surgery you might not go for several days which gives you some time to heal. We all react differently to this procedure, but you will do fine.