Yep. I've got gout. Had it for a while. Flare ups come and go, and are quite agonizing. I was hoping that the surgery would help my uric acid levels. So far, six months out, and no change.
Going to have to wait until I see my endocrinologist (in two months) before anything is done pharmaceutically speaking, for it. I'm starting myself on tart cherry extract, and hoping it'll help.
I get my bloods done a month from now, so a month should be a good indicator of whether it's working or not. Thinking good thoughts.
The pain isn't isolated to the metatarsal-phalangeal joint (left foot), but also higher up on the instep, where I also am suffering (Dx'd by my podiatrist) post-traumatic osteo-arthritis at the site of a fracture I sustained 35 years ago, which happens to have burrs/spurs at the fracture site (never healed smooth).
Between the gout and the fracture issue, it's a perfect storm of pain in my foot.
Note to self:
5/27/11
Uric acid level: 7.2
Let's see what August's figures will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment