I'm forever tweaking and refining which supplements (as well as dosing) I take, to find the best possible combination of things that work for my body's needs.
So, the current line up is thus:
First thing in the a.m.:
2 Gummy VitaFusion Prenatal Multivitamins
2 Gummy VitaFusion Sugar Free Fiber Chews, 5 gm, 1x
Omega-3 1400 mg (1x)
Evening Primrose Oil 1000 mg (1x)
Colace 200 mg (1x)
Vitamin C, 400 mg
Feosol 325 (2 tablets) *I boost to 3 tabs during menses
Alpha Lipoic Acid 250 mg
Then throughout the day I manage to get these in:
Boron, 3 mg, 1x daily
Magnesium 400 mg, 1x daily *I boost to 2x daily during menses
D3 2000 IU (1x)
Calcium Citrate, 250 mg (4x)
Zinc (dosage I cannot recall at the moment)
CoQ10 (50 mg, though I'm thinking of boosting this)
Hyaluronic Acid capsule 1x (100 mg)
Vitamin C, 400 mg
KAL brand B12 spray (1-2 blasts under the tongue)
Standardized turmeric in capsule form
Then in the evening along with my blood pressure Rx, I take:
Alpha Lipoic Acid 250 mg
I am heartbroken that Hero Nutritionals has discontinued manufacturing the lovely dark chocolate calcium citrate I had been relying upon for the last three years, and I'm looking for alternative calcium citrate chewables, whether chocolate or chewy-gummy type chewables. NP at the surgeon's office knows I am in the habit of taking 50% of my calcium in citrate form, in a chewable as it's more convenient (and pleasurable), as I can take it without water. She said perhaps I could try out the tricalcium phosphate gummies that are on the market. I get my calcium checked every three months, so we'll know nearly immediately if there's an issue with it. I'm acidifying it with Vitamin C, and hoping for the best.
ETA: It's been 8-9 months of using tricalcium phosphate alternately as my solitary source of calcium supplement, or occasionally one day I'll do chewable TSC for one dose and then do calcium citrate for the second dose, and have done so without any deleterious results to my overall calcium figures in my blood chemistry.
No comments:
Post a Comment