I'm hoping the horrible-ness of last year stays in last year. Forging ahead, and hoping that I'll be able to get some things on my TO DO LIST addressed right up front at the beginning of the year before any new dramas arise.
From start to finish I was on Wellbutrin precisely one month. Given the fact that it gave me horrendous dry mouth, made me RAGE LIKE A MANIAC, and added one NEW headache type to my panapoly of pain issues, I weaned myself off it. Haven't discussed it with my internist. But to be honest, one of the things for this year I'd like to do is see a psychiatrist to see about what's cooking chemically. I have no doubt that the cortisol and DHEA issues are playing into my fluctuations in mood, and are possibly even distorting my perspective on things.
Things on the to do list I'd like to address up front:
1. Follow up sleep study to get my CPAP levels tweaked. I've stopped using the machine as I didn't feel it was making an impact. And given the weight loss, no doubt the levels need adjusting.
2. Follow up w/neurologist re: the migraines and migraine medication. And also see if he might be able to help better manage my other pain issues re: crippling adenomyosis pain, and pain from the herniations in my neck. If he can't help me, I need to check out both, a psychiatrist and a physiatrist.
3. I need to make it a priority to see about getting more active, so in addition to getting the pain addressed, I need to actually GO and check out a pilates class.
4. Which really should be #1, as I've already started using it, I started incorporating Boron supplements in my daily intake. 3 mg daily, and it should help w/bone loss prevention and also help with osteo arthritis.
In the midst of all this, I've got appointments set up with the endo and the renal guy for 2/12; and on a personal note, I'm in the process of repainting the interior of my condo (everything except for the three bedrooms and bath. The living, dining and kitchen are all on an open floor plan, so I'm entering a unique circle of Dante-esque hell, where I'm painting everything. I am doing it a quadrant at a time, and hope to have everything finished by Easter or Spring thaw, whichever comes first.
No resolutions. I don't believe in them, especially considering I am a good list maker and try to tick off things as needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment