So one bad thing I did yesterday (cancel PT) is off-set by one good thing I did yesterday.
I got a message from a friend, "Quick, send me your resume. They're hiring admins at my job." Brilliant, no? :) Well I made a couple minor tweaks to my resume, and quickly zapped it off with the warning, "Hey, it's a three page antique. I haven't gotten around to having a professional resume writer have at it yet." That aside, within the hour, I got this message back:
“So just an FYI, they LOVE your resume! You will probably get a call in a week or so from a guy named Lee who will let you know a little more about the specific position and to ask if you'd like to come in for an interview.”
Looks promising, doesn't it?
I do not know if this is my coping mechanism, by protecting myself, I talk myself out of HOPE. But I know the reality is, given the economy, they no doubt will not afford to hire me at my current rate of pay. And that, at a minimum is what keeps me from hoping that it will self-manifest and blossom into the ideal job opportunity.
I am nothing, if not an unconventional person. And while, yes, I *am* hoping that Lee will call me, I am also hoping to have the audacity and opportunity to take the bull by the balls and invite Lee out for a lunch date, where we can discuss both abstracts, of what the job itself entails, as well as what direction I hope my life and career will take in the next (at current writing) 4 years, 2 months, and 27 days.
Spoiler alert: I'd love more money, but will take a lateral move, salary wise if it means a shorter work week and opportunity for career growth. And of course, I'd want to become part of a team. I figure what's not to like about lunch, we both have to eat, and I'd gladly pay to discuss things, so then at the end of the "interview," neither of us feels like the time was wasted, because at a minimum our bellies were filled. And hopefully my suggestion of a lunch date might be either something memorable (for them) or something ultimately worthwhile (for me), and might actually work to my advantage. I have found in the past that when I cared entirely too much about a particular outcome, I cannot contain my disappointment when a less than desired outcome happens. At this juncture, while I do CARE to a degree about changing jobs, I am a bit ambivalent about the outcome. Rather than worry if I will fit THEIR expectations, I worry if they will fit MINE.
No comments:
Post a Comment