Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Opportunity knocked...


Was a strong candidate for a job. However, due to my current salary, no one can come close to making me an offer I can't refuse. My salary is like a noose around my neck, tethering me to my current job. But at a minimum, there is merit in knowing someone was interested in and thought I was a good candidate for a job. 

Resume is updated. But the realist in me realizes this is all an act of futility. I've been here 12 years, 7 years longer than my original 5 year plan. I live every day afraid that if I don't leave now, I never will. As I said to my therapist this a.m., "I realize the potential that I will encounter unpleasantness and assholes at every job; however, after 12 years, I'd really like to deal with some NEW assholes."

ETA: Turns out that particular workplace is dysfunctional and full of assholes, ranging from a chronic flatulator, to management that doesn't provide adequate support/help to new hires. Useful information. Glad to have dodged this bullet.

No comments: