Sunday, July 17, 2022

Day Four, New Hip

Thursday was the surgery—you would think that was the worst day. Nope. Yesterday was. They released me Friday, so yesterday/Saturday was the worst—although today I am experiencing a moderate amount of pain—bordering on agony. 

Last night I put a trash bag under my bum when i got on bed, hoping it would help me scoot myself off my bed. It helped. 

Additionally, when Maharajah got up before me, he gave me a tylenol to prime me for when I wanted to get out of bed. I am still trying to figure out when is the optimal time to take the vicodin vs tylenol. I’m not ashamed to say some of the pain has been intense enough to bring me to tears. 

I managed to get out of bed with a minimum of discomfort & difficulty, and I thought today was going to be different than yesterday regarding pain, but it is pretty intense. 

500 mg Tylenol around 6 am, and by 8 am I popped a vicodin & have an ice pack on my thigh/hip area. So I guess it is just a waiting game at this point. 


No comments: