Saturday, July 16, 2022

So I had a hip replacemrnt

So far, I am two days out from a total hip replacement. This is the second surgery I have had in my attempts to not become my mom, and have a different path in my life—the first surgery was my gastric bypass 11 years ago. 

So far it has been a really amazing process to go through. 

Two days ago, zi woke at 4:30, to leave by 5:30, to arrive for check in at 6:30, for - 9 am surgery. By 10 am they had in the OR prepped for surgery. By 1 pm I was in recovery. 2 pm I was in my room? and by 6 pm they had ne up on my feet (I walked 100 feet at that time). Just—wow!

Interesting tidbit about my surgery: the surgeon said the spot in my socket that was impacted was different than for other people. My issue was on the side, not up too, and apparently the bone looked like it was starting to get necrotic. 

Yesterday I met & exceeded all benchmarks & was discharged close to 12 noon and I was home by 1 pm. All was fine yesterday. 

Today is day #2, and I awoke with a lot of breakthrough pain, and i struggled to get out of bed, and popped my first vicodin by 9 am. 

Visiting nurse arrived today and there isn’t much to say about that. Two days from now, the occupational therapist shows up, and I guess the work begins. 

In the meantime, I just want to rest. 


No comments: