Last September I found an ob/gyn office near home that advertised something to the effect of “care for every stage of a woman’s life.”
I changed gynos because for 4 years I have been abandoned/neglected on my menopause journey. In short, I was miserable. Miserable enough to stop seeing the gyno I saw for close to 11 years.
At my first visit a year ago, ai inquired about HRT. The doc poo-pooed my request saying I was at risk of clots/strokes.
Before my most-recent visit, I got approval from my hematologist who cleared me for a specific type of HRT.
When I pressed the doc about HRT, she claimed she doesn’t prescribe it. This information would have been useful to me a year ago. I wasted yet one more year with yet another doctor neglecting me & my menopause journey, she provided ZERO in the way of relieving any of my symptoms & complaints.
Then almost in a cosmic way, one friend told me about Winona HRT (which is about $200 a month), and my chiropractor found someone he knows who prescribed (but there is a $600 consulting fee and my HRT might be covered by my insurance.
Then an other friend who lives in NYC highly recommended her doc (who takes my insurance, I’d pay a $25 copay and my HRT copay would be close to $20 a month). SOLD!
Four days after being told I essentially wasted yet another year of my life suffering, I scheduled my appointment with a new doc.
Quick & radical. Bold moves from here on out!
October 14 I see my kidney doc & I have scheduled a consultation with my friend’s gyno for later in the day, and with any luck I will be picking up my Rx within the next 24 hours.
Hope is one thing, but without having a solid, bold plan, hope won’t get you where you need to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment