So yesterday went thusly:
10 a.m. appt w/Bariatric guy in Morningside Heights. Fabulous appointment. Truly uplifting. Only problem was blood pressure was jacked about 150/100? thereabouts.
11:45 appt w/Renal guy nr. Central Park East. BP 160/103. This is after 10 days of being on new dosage of BP Rx. Blood drawn, urine sample collected.
2 p.m. appt w/anesthesia consult for surgery in July. Blood drawn. EKG done. SURPRISE! Chest xray. Discussions on the assortment of ways I am an "interesting" patient: No NG tube, BP wonky, and will I or won't I need blood thinners post op? Also, the technician ticked me off with idle chitchat asking what surgery I was having, and when I said "ablation," the inane chit-chat went thusly:
Idiot: "Oh, how many kids do you have?"4 p.m. appt w/Therapist nr. Columbus Circle.
Me: "None."
Idiot: "Oh, I guess you don't want none of that."
Me: "I never really had a choice really. Too many things wrong with me, and now I'm old. And with my luck I'll be the 1 in 1000 who gets pregnant after this procedure."
Idiot: *crickets*
Me: "Yeah, it's usually at this point people run out of glib things to say to me." (Also worth mentioning, I'm sure this idiot needed to look up the word GLIB to know I insulted her.)
By the time the day was over, I was spent physically and emotionally. And all I could do was cry.
Bring us to THIS AFTERNOON. I get a call from my gyno informing me that before the anesthesiologist will okay the surgery, I need to consult a pulmonologist regarding an irregularity they found on my SURPRISE! chest xray. Apparently I have a granuloma in there. I suspect it might be from my trip to India in 2012. I find I get sick anytime we do international travel. I don't know if it's related to that or what. I'm disgusted at the thought of it being histoplasmosis. Gah. Hurry up and wait for the gyno's office to get back to me to see if I can use a local guy instead of going into the city for YET ONE MORE APPOINTMENT.
And of course, this is on the heels of the other "fire" that was put out in the last two weeks... the thyroid wild goose chase.
I don't feel sorry for myself. I'm just getting really angry. Not "WHY ME?" but just angry. I just want to get on with my life and this shit is just wasting precious time and energy.
No comments:
Post a Comment