Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Progress Stalled. For Now.

Though I’m biting the bullet and considering going back on antidepressants, as I just can’t fight this (depression) dragon by myself anymore. 

My internist prescribed Wellbutrin; however, I haven’t started taking it. Been second guessing myself about: 
1. Perhaps having a psychiatrist determine which Rx is best? Or 
2. Wondering about the interplay of the hypercortisolimia on my mood/emotional well being. 

Though the internist did say Wellbutrin was good, in so far it won’t cause weight gain or some of the other unpleasant side effects of other anti-depressants, I would like to see if there’s something ELSE out there that will actually help address the underlying cortisol issue. 

Reading up and found this article, and this blurb I found particularly interesting, and look forward to my endocrinologist's input on how to proceed: 

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/articles/role-cortisol-and-depression-exploring-new-opportunities 
[…] Antidepressant drugs that have the ability to regulate GR expression and binding may, however, have greater therapeutic efficacy in patients who have hypercortisolemia. […] 
Also worth mentioning: My sleep is so screwed up, I haven't been to bed before 3 a.m. for the last SIX DAYS, and it's draining on me. Seriously draining on me. I'm just wondering how much longer I can go on like this before I finally just have a break down.

No comments: