Friday, February 21, 2014

Cymbalta: Day Four

Really no complaints, thus far.

Took my fourth dose this a.m., and so far I'm managing well enough, I think!

Positive observations:  
  • It's blunted my anxiety considerably. Not sure if I'm any less depressed as a result. Color me: AMBIVALENT.
  • Additionally, it's blunted my interest or passion for food. Everything tastes fine enough, though I do have a horrid after taste in my mouth. No excessive dry mouth either as I've experienced with other, similar meds. I'm just disinterested in it. I notice I'm not eating everything I pack for work, either.
  • Also worth noting, I'm sleeping pretty soundly. To my knowledge, I'm experiencing neither night terrors nor sleep walking. 
  • Weird note: Onset for menses was Tuesday, same day I started Cymbalta. Usually days 1-2 are heaviest,with about 4-5 days of it tapering off. Seems that it's tapered off in half the time. But then again, with the adenomyosis, I might burst a little pocket of whatever-it-is, and spot a few days from now--but such is life with this disorder:(
Negative observations:
  • I feel I'm running a little on the warm side (I'm almost always too cold);
  • I experience nausea within an hour of dosing and usually it lasts about 2-3 hours;
  • I have a weird numb/tingle/twitchy thing happening, occasionally, from my knee to my ankle in the evenings.
  • I don't notice any change in the overall pain issues: herniation in neck, diminished disk space/pinched nerve in low back, arthritis, adenomyosis, etc. 

No comments: