Sunday, March 18, 2018

Kaizen: Day 11

Progress is being made, incrementally, as is my plan.

Where we left off LAST Friday, I did 10 minutes in the morning and blew off my evening Kaizen bike session. The last week has gone thusly:

Saturday:
10 min on bike at Physical Therapy

Sunday: No bike as I went out with my sister.


Monday:
10 min in morning
No bike in evening

Tuesday: No bike 

Wednesday:
7 min on bike in morning (short on time, therapy session in morning before work)

Thursday:
10 min on bike in morning
No bike in evening

Friday: 
15 min on bike in morning

Saturday: 
10 min on bike at Physical Therapy
No bike in evening

Sunday (Today):
30 min on bike in morning

The goal here is twofold: 1. The exercise of course, and; 2. making the exercise a HABIT. I remain unconvinced that I am at the "habit" stage of this process as I still have that internal struggle with myself to just set a few moments of my day aside to work on this. Afterall, HOW MUCH TIME do I waste on any given day?  PLENTY, and rarely is that time devoted directly towards improving my health?

Today I will probably be either spending the day either curled up in a ball (unlikely, though part of my brain wants that) or doing a lot of puttering to distract myself from colonoscopy prep today. I ate breakfast, and now it's 24 hours from the time I have to show up for the colonoscopy. And I'm not necessarily well-prepared for day's activity (subtext: COLON BLOW) beyond getting the Rx laxative solution. And even though I DO have a print out of instructions from the gastroenterologist, I still found the wording vague, and perhaps they should condense it all on one page and give you a 24 hour timeline. Just a thought. I'm already starting to get a stress headache around my ears ALREADY, just at the thought of everything. But the sun is shining and looks like it'll be a good day, albeit weather-wise.

I am scheduled out of the office tomorrow, with a 9:30 report time for the colonoscopy, and a 1 p.m. TTE (trans thoracic echocardiogram) scheduled for 1 p.m. And laundry pick up will happen therabouts, and lunch, and it looks like a full day.

Tuesday I may/may not call out sick, as I have one appointment tentatively set, and once I get the time and location, I will then call another recruiter who called about another job (same company) and see if I can push along/coerce/convince them to try to book the second interview the same day. If I am going to have an anxiety attack about taking a sick day the day after a scheduled absence, I might as well make exceptional use of my time.

Unlike the Kaizen bike bit, which is all MY INFLUENCE, this Kaizen regarding chipping away at finding myself another job is pretty much entirely out of my control; however, I am grateful that I am getting a lot of interest at least in my resume and phone interviews--the latter of which I can hide behind the phone and hide my Bitchy Resting Face, which can be intimidating or perhaps convey messages I don't want to convey during a job interview.

But that is something for me to worry about for Tuesday. Today I can only live in the moment, even if that means I'll be living in my bathroom for the better part of this evening.  Ugh. 

No comments: