Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Kaizen: Day 21

Last night was PT, so I did my usual 10 minutes on the "stepper."

This morning it was a bit tight for time, but I managed 15 minutes on my bike.

I had my usual bi-weekly session with my therapist today and I ran him through everything for the last week: Colonoscopy, TTE, Job Interview, Snow Storm, slip sliding into the abyss, bringing us to today.

By the time I speak with my therapist again in two weeks, I should know something about the job interview. And already I'm thinking of possible questions to ask and demands to make, if their response is YES WE WANT TO HIRE YOU. If they don't want to hire me, things are much more straightforward: I will stay the course, get my knee replaced, and resume my job hunt after recovery. 

In the interim, I am going to try to focus on the two things I want to change:


1. Continue chipping away at trying to get more active (i.e. using my bike) every day; and
2. Try to get into a decent sleep hygeine habit to improve my sleep.

My therapist quipped that if/when I find the "magic" to make the sleep happen, let him know. My riposte was that perhaps we both should be accountable to each other and work on this together.

Right now, I'm reading up on sleep hygiene, and I'm going to come up with a formula that might work with my personality, habits, household, etc, and get myself on a schedule. 

No comments: