I’m still working from home & doing two PT appointments per week. I am managing 2000-3000 foot steps each day.
“Neuro-muscular re-education” is the goal. As many foot steps as I am doing, I am still unable to lift and cross my leg to put my socks on.
Had my follow up with the neuropsychologist regarding my psych eval. Finally got a diagnosis. Unsurprisingly, it is C-PTSD (complex ptsd). PTSD is often only a singular event (like 9/11 for example), whereas complex ptsd is a steady diet of trauma.
Apparently my cognitive abilities & language aptitude was classified as superior.
Surprisingly, I wasn’t diagnosed as autistic. Apparently the uncertainty & worry I have regarding “how long is too long to have a conversation,” and my belief that most people just are too polite to stop me, actually is not autism, but self awareness. And given how self-aware I am, that also ruled out narcissistic personality disorders.
My problem is I have a great capacity for language. I don’t engage in small talk—which actually bores me. Too many people operate on the surface, whereas I operate from a place of depth. I overwhelm people.
So next step for me will be a consult with a psychiatrist to explore medication options, and line up a therapist who specializes in trauma based therapy.
No comments:
Post a Comment