I have been maintaining 30 minutes on the bike every morning for several weeks (almost a full month now), and I am contemplating concluding each work day with another 30 minutes. Maybe that will happen at some point this week, I don't know.
I'm more than a bit ambivalent with a lot of things right about now, primarily due to me daring to HOPE that the job interview would have led to a job. They let me sit and stew for four weeks and let me know this past Friday that I didn't get the job. Yesterday was yet another indication of how shitty this place is, and how I desperately need to get the fuck out of here, and yet, me and my shitty knees and pain problems intimidates me into thinking I cannot manage the subway stairs every day.
I was in Manhattan on Saturday, escorting the daughter and son-in-law of a dear friend around town. We went from Times Square where their hotel is, took the shuttle to Grand Central, then the 6 down to Little India, where we had lunch and did a bit of shopping, then Uber'd it down to China town and Little Italy for another knosh and coffee and pastries and Malaysian beef jerky shopping, and before I knew it, I had amassed 11,210 foot steps. I was going to share the screen cap of the fitness thingy from my phone, but I can't upload images to the blog ATM.
So while I have felt all along that the biking was not helping me in my day to day pains, apparently it has helped me in other ways, namely my ability to walk A LOT, and the next day was just like any other day for me. This is not to say I was pain free; however, I wasn't crippled up with ADDITIONAL pain, meaning MORE pain on top of my status quo baseline of pain.
I called NYU Langone this week to find out about scheduling a consultation with the surgeon who performed the knee surgery on my nephrologist. I sent them my imaging bundle of my lower extremities, and I should know, hopefully, by tomorrow if I can have a consult with that surgeon or if he will refer me to an associate. And while on the surface it might not seem like my knee problems are extreme enough to warrant a knee replacement RIGHT NOW, I am having horrible difficulties climbing the scant 15 stairs to get into my house, and couple that up with the IT band syndrome and the trochanteric bursitis in my hip (all on the right side), I am finding I am able to do less and less, and I fear that it will continue to self-perpetuate.
Additionally, I am convinced the collection of pain issues is limiting my mobility and the things I choose to do, and is most likely the reason why I am unable to lose more weight, as well as having difficulties maintaining whatever I've lost as well.
I'm more than a bit ambivalent with a lot of things right about now, primarily due to me daring to HOPE that the job interview would have led to a job. They let me sit and stew for four weeks and let me know this past Friday that I didn't get the job. Yesterday was yet another indication of how shitty this place is, and how I desperately need to get the fuck out of here, and yet, me and my shitty knees and pain problems intimidates me into thinking I cannot manage the subway stairs every day.
I was in Manhattan on Saturday, escorting the daughter and son-in-law of a dear friend around town. We went from Times Square where their hotel is, took the shuttle to Grand Central, then the 6 down to Little India, where we had lunch and did a bit of shopping, then Uber'd it down to China town and Little Italy for another knosh and coffee and pastries and Malaysian beef jerky shopping, and before I knew it, I had amassed 11,210 foot steps. I was going to share the screen cap of the fitness thingy from my phone, but I can't upload images to the blog ATM.
So while I have felt all along that the biking was not helping me in my day to day pains, apparently it has helped me in other ways, namely my ability to walk A LOT, and the next day was just like any other day for me. This is not to say I was pain free; however, I wasn't crippled up with ADDITIONAL pain, meaning MORE pain on top of my status quo baseline of pain.
I called NYU Langone this week to find out about scheduling a consultation with the surgeon who performed the knee surgery on my nephrologist. I sent them my imaging bundle of my lower extremities, and I should know, hopefully, by tomorrow if I can have a consult with that surgeon or if he will refer me to an associate. And while on the surface it might not seem like my knee problems are extreme enough to warrant a knee replacement RIGHT NOW, I am having horrible difficulties climbing the scant 15 stairs to get into my house, and couple that up with the IT band syndrome and the trochanteric bursitis in my hip (all on the right side), I am finding I am able to do less and less, and I fear that it will continue to self-perpetuate.
Additionally, I am convinced the collection of pain issues is limiting my mobility and the things I choose to do, and is most likely the reason why I am unable to lose more weight, as well as having difficulties maintaining whatever I've lost as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment