(Some notes from stuff I've read regarding advanced glycation end products.)
I've come to realize that pretty much all the food we eat is designed to not just sustain us, but also contribute to our ultimate demise via AGEs (things like homocysteine, or protein in our urine, for instance). Cooked foods where the Maillard reaction takes place, even more so. It's overwhelming if you fall into the same rabbit hole I have.
See also: The post I did on methylation, homocysteine etc. It's pretty useful, I think. And overwhelming, but more useful than overwhelming. YMMV.
Advanced Glycation End Products in Foods and a Practical Guide to Their Reduction in the Diet
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3704564/
Special note: Because a low or acidic pH arrests AGE development, new AGE formation in cooked meat was tested following exposure to acidic solutions (marinades) of lemon juice and vinegar.
Advanced glycation end-products: modifiable environmental factors profoundly mediate insulin resistance
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4512899/
I've come to realize that pretty much all the food we eat is designed to not just sustain us, but also contribute to our ultimate demise via AGEs (things like homocysteine, or protein in our urine, for instance). Cooked foods where the Maillard reaction takes place, even more so. It's overwhelming if you fall into the same rabbit hole I have.
See also: The post I did on methylation, homocysteine etc. It's pretty useful, I think. And overwhelming, but more useful than overwhelming. YMMV.
Advanced Glycation End Products in Foods and a Practical Guide to Their Reduction in the Diet
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3704564/
Special note: Because a low or acidic pH arrests AGE development, new AGE formation in cooked meat was tested following exposure to acidic solutions (marinades) of lemon juice and vinegar.
Advanced glycation end-products: modifiable environmental factors profoundly mediate insulin resistance
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4512899/
No comments:
Post a Comment