Friday, February 08, 2019

Still Chipping Away At Possible Solutions

What's being actively done?

  1. I have gone through three sessions with my new therapist--so far the first three sessions have been to unpack and inventory all my issues; hopefully next week's session will be some active work/therapy; in the meantime--
  2. The therapist recommended I download Headspace, an app for my phone, that seems like it could be a useful tool towards reducing stress with guided meditation, and possibly help me establish better sleep hygiene and exercise routine. Maharajah says he'll help me with downloading and navigating it;
  3. Yesterday, I ordered a pair of shoes from Orthofeet, and look forward to the day they arrive, as regardless of which pair of shoes (and which orthodics) I wear, my feet are in moderate pain; 
  4. Today I rescheduled my eye exam for next month as I am not eligible for new eyeglasses until then;
     
  5. Monday is a consultation with yet another physiatrist (she will be the FOURTH one since 2013). Hopefully she can put some fresh eyes on my collection of issues, and hopefully help figure out whatever might be going on in my feet--as I think that's the missing link, which is exacerbating my knee, hip, and low back pain;
  6. Next on my to do list will be to schedule both, a pedicure and a deep tissue massage on Sunday--pedicure is a preparation for the physiatrist, as I literally want to put my best foot forward, considering that's what's going to be examined on Monday.
Depending on whatever POPS UP on the Xrays on Monday, hopefully, I can cancel my neurologist appointment in NYC--as that seems to be the last modality or discipline that hasn't been explored to get to the root of my problems. Perhaps the new physiatrist can refer me to a neuro and or an ortho right there, and alleviating the need for me to go to NYC for every little thing.

I have my bag packed for Monday's appointment loaded with my folio including all the hard copies of my reports and MRI/Xray CDs; a thumb drive with all the reports, my supplement schedule, and of course all the filled out new patient forms (in case they didn't receive them on their portal), as well as scanned copies of my most recent lab reports. Waze is pre-programmed with the address and appointment time. So I'm about as prepared as possible for this, and hope it won't make me too late on Monday morning. 

I guess this is where I shine, when I'm not actively engaging in Eyeore-like behavior: I have a problem and rather than wallow, I handle things best when I come up with a plan, and well, for the last few months I haven't had one, and I've been just STUCK.

Hopefully between the new therapist (and therapy--CBT), and a new physiatrist, there is a possibility I'll turn this around. At a minimum, it's all a distraction that takes my intense focus off what I call the futility loop and focuses more on solutions.

No comments: