This morning, I was in my car with a half hour to spare before my workday started, and I decided to try to thumb through my copy of "Face Your Fear," by Rabbi Shmuley Boteach. I don't know if I cannot focus on the words on the page because I have an issue or avoidance of the words, or if I need a new Rx in my glasses or something else is at play.
Admittedly, I am forever distracted.
So, I went to YouTube, in search of lectures and speeches by the rabbi, and I found this one in regards to honoring bad parents: https://youtu.be/HBTPPNYXCdQ, which I also shared with my sister.
Spoiler alert: even without watching this, I'm already doing pretty much what he suggests.
Tomorrow is another session with the new therapist, and I hope we are able to finish unpacking my issues with enough time to spare to actually start to "get to work" on things.
Still no movement on improving my sleep hygiene or getting back on the bike. Insurance approved the new CPAP, so there IS some microscopic movement going on. Progress. And still no movement on reading the "Feeling Good" book.
Perhaps I should schedule an appointment today for an eye exam.
Other than all this, things are status quo.
Admittedly, I am forever distracted.
So, I went to YouTube, in search of lectures and speeches by the rabbi, and I found this one in regards to honoring bad parents: https://youtu.be/HBTPPNYXCdQ, which I also shared with my sister.
Spoiler alert: even without watching this, I'm already doing pretty much what he suggests.
Tomorrow is another session with the new therapist, and I hope we are able to finish unpacking my issues with enough time to spare to actually start to "get to work" on things.
Still no movement on improving my sleep hygiene or getting back on the bike. Insurance approved the new CPAP, so there IS some microscopic movement going on. Progress. And still no movement on reading the "Feeling Good" book.
Perhaps I should schedule an appointment today for an eye exam.
Other than all this, things are status quo.
No comments:
Post a Comment