Friday, August 05, 2022

Day 22: It’s Not A Vulva, It’s An Incision

 


Today is day 22 post-op, and I saw the surgeon (again) and will be seeing him (again) next week to inspect my incision . 

In this photo you can see some remnants of the adhesive surgical mesh, and the bit in the upper right part of the photo is what has been problematic; however, it is gradually shrinking. 

It’s still going to leave a gnarly scar, and I don’t care all that much as I don’t have eyes in the back of my head; however, I might think hard and long and come up with a clever idea for a tattoo to camouflage it. 

To show the personality of my surgeon, when he entered the exam room, he cheerfully quipped, “Show me the goods!” and I responded by hoisting my dress up and presenting my shark bite for inspection.

I got the green light to drive as I’ve been off vicodin for 10 days now. Showers & sex have to wait one more week. 

Although I started the day using the walker when I first got up, I used the cane for the remainder of the day. Also worth mentioning, I was a bit rushed when I left the house for the surgeon appointment, and I forgot my yoga strap; be that as it may, I managed to get in and out of the car without much difficulty. 

After the appointment, we picked up our lunch at what now is or will be our routine place, and sat in a metered parking spot devouring it. Afterwards, I managed to walk to an Indian market right there, and get a good browse on, and managed to pick up some falooda ice cream as a nice reward for the day. 

The day is not over yet, but the pedometer on my phone is showing 1,338 footsteps. 

No comments: