Man makes plans and God says Hah, allegedly.
My next 'ologist I was going to consult was a hematologist given my anemia, adenomyosis and FVLM; however, Saturday's trip to the ER for a migraine might trump that for a little bit. I might have to follow up with a neurologist regarding the horrendous headache. I have no doubt of the genesis of the headache. Hormonal and associated with the adenomyosis.
My 43rd year has been horrendous for my health. I feel like such a whiner. Not sure if this is part of the aging process, or perimenopause (tho I have it on pretty good authority it's not this, not yet at least), or hypochondria. Surely, I can't have THIS many things wrong with me all at once.
Just as soon as it seems that I've adjusted or accepted the new status quo, something else is lumped onto the pile, kinda like the story of Job, but only with medically related annoyances etc to overcome.
On top of all this, my weight loss has continued its stalemate. I keep hoping to find the time or energy to chase down a Feldenkrais practitioner or do something proactive to help with my joint pain, to help get me more active again, and jump start my weight loss for what I hope to be the last 15-20 lbs.
Very difficult to remain upbeat or motivated when other things are truly sapping my energy and focus.
Still doing what I'm supposed to be doing: protein, protein, protein; fluids; vitamins; packing my feed bag; nothing more than roughly 8 oz for me now; eating frequently; and trying to go easy on myself.
Given I'm in between therapists at the moment, and given that my husband is really "all I've got" for actual, tangible, in-person support system, I don't want to overburden him with TMI of what I'm going thru. So, to add insult to injury, I really feel isolated and worn out.
Zapped a note to the bariatric team to find out about the Fiorinal for my migraines (which aren't too frequent, but shit, this one was a doozy).
No comments:
Post a Comment