Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Annus Medicus Horribilis: Reply From the Gyno

So I got replies from the gyno (surgeon) regarding my expectations after the ablation. He tells me that the first menses after the surgery is heavy, but things will gradually normalize thereafter. I'm in a considerable amount of debilitating pain (and it's really grinding on me). He wants me to come into the office for an exam and "to talk." What's there to talk about? There's nothing that can be done... well, beyond the BIG H, which I do not want. I cannot even process that at the moment. 

He tells me other than just "time" he could put me on birth control pills. And my inner bitch really stifled itself at the mere suggestion of the birth control pills, because fuck me running, if I didn't have a blood clotting disorder that puts me at a higher risk for clots and stroke, and if I didn't have elevated cortisol issues which could potentially lead me to clots or stroke, FUCK YEAH, I would have taken the pill rather than totally, irreversibly put the kibosh on what little is left of my fertility, all for the hope of a pay out of no more debilitating pain. So why waste his time and mine to discuss what, exactly? Birth control pills I cannot go on, or hysterectomy which is something I want to avoid outright? I was hoping the ablation would buy me some time until I hit menopause, so then hopefully I could avoid having a hysterectomy. 

Since my gastric bypass, I have had more than my fair share of fecal impactions and constipation issues, and I fear that having a hysterectomy will just exacerbate that. Also the potential for prolapsing my bowels thru my vagina is a big deterrent, plus painful sex or a diminished drive or having some other sexual dysfunction is a concern, too. So that's that. No plan for pain management. I've got tramadol from my internist, which barely blunts the pain. I took one on Friday and I still managed to leave the office early due to agony. The only thing that blunts it enough is the occasional cocktail and using my TENS unit at home. This is not how I want to live my life. So, I'm done talking to friends about it. I'm sure I've worn out my welcome and have exceeded the acceptable level of hand holding I can expect from friends. So I'm going dark. No more discussing it (on FB or in personal conversations). I'll unload here or on my therapist, and that's that. And just suffer in silence. With any luck I'll just die in my sleep.

No comments: